English Christmas Market near Baud, trip to the hospital, parking ticket and car trouble!
We've been quite busy.... and not all great things since our return to France. I've always heard that bad things happen in 3s and then good for a long time....J'esperé!
First, we went to our first French class after a long summer break and parked in our usual lot, just not seeing a very poorly marked handicapped spot! 135 euros! Then as I was unloading the dishwasher in a hurry, getting ready for French Conversation Group, I broke a glass on the door above and it stayed in my hand but broke off and sliced a jagged line between my first and second fingers....8 stitches later! Then on the way home alone from shopping and signing up for this year's aqua gym classes, a loud buzzer and red light came on the dash of the car...and STOP in red letters flashed! The radiator was DRY!
In all but the first case, we did have a good French lesson and met some very nice people who were very helpful!
So today, we tested out our car and drove an hour East to Baud to a Christmas Market sponsored by the English Church there. Got lots of exciting British and Welsh things...Welsh cakes, Bacon Butties, tea and corn beef pies. Got some English Christmas cards, english books and some spices that were hard to find in France. Also met some very nice new English people and saw some people we have met before at the services that are once a month.
Next week: Car servicing in Quimper!
First, we went to our first French class after a long summer break and parked in our usual lot, just not seeing a very poorly marked handicapped spot! 135 euros! Then as I was unloading the dishwasher in a hurry, getting ready for French Conversation Group, I broke a glass on the door above and it stayed in my hand but broke off and sliced a jagged line between my first and second fingers....8 stitches later! Then on the way home alone from shopping and signing up for this year's aqua gym classes, a loud buzzer and red light came on the dash of the car...and STOP in red letters flashed! The radiator was DRY!
In all but the first case, we did have a good French lesson and met some very nice people who were very helpful!
So today, we tested out our car and drove an hour East to Baud to a Christmas Market sponsored by the English Church there. Got lots of exciting British and Welsh things...Welsh cakes, Bacon Butties, tea and corn beef pies. Got some English Christmas cards, english books and some spices that were hard to find in France. Also met some very nice new English people and saw some people we have met before at the services that are once a month.
Next week: Car servicing in Quimper!
![]() |
| Hospital French Conversation Group |
![]() |
| Reproduction of the STOP warning on the dash |
![]() |
| Sign says in French "Filming Doc Martin" - neighbor's home..Oct. 31st....we MISSED that! |
![]() |
| Michel, Claude (new neighbor center) and Tom laughing it up! |





Wow! Doc Martin - right next door? I hope your hand is better. I followed your lead. I was slicing cucumber when I cut my little finger. Seriously! It was bleeding and bleeding. When my dinner guest came, I made her do the rest of the slicing while I held my little finger over my head applying pressure. Several kleenexes later, I had her apply a bandaid tightly over the latest tissue. When she left for the evening, we replaced it, and it was still bleeding. The next noon, still bleeding. And I'm not taking aspirin or bloodthinner! But with a few days of tight bandaids, it looks fine now. See you soon!
ReplyDelete