Spring is here! Great trip to the U.S. and upcoming adventures!
Spring has finally arrived and we had weeks of sunshine and warmth! The flowers are all in bloom (at once) and the trees are green.
My 3 week trip to the U.S. was a great success! Bought 4 new pairs of shoes, lots of clothes, and was able to see all the doctors I needed to see! Also, a surprise surgery on my ankle to remove the metal plate and screws that were causing me pain. The surgeon scheduled the surgery in 2 days and it was not as painful as I expected. It was great to see Calla and meet some of her new friends. We had a great time shopping and eating all the things I've missed (like Mexican and BBQ)! Also got to spend a few days with Jane in Annapolis and got to see her amazing new kitchen!
I did miss a concert that our new neighbor, Gabrielle, performed in Quimperle. It was a group of just clarinetists from all over Brittany and Gabby performed several solos. We also have a new store in Nevez….an old house in the center of town is now a new children's clothing store and general gift shop….have to check it out!
Upcoming adventures…..only one visitor so far this year…..the sister of Tom's woodworking business partner, Dave Boykin, will visit us for 2 weeks in June. She has never been to Brittany so it will be fun showing her the places we love. Come see us with the new low airfares from the U.S.!
My 3 week trip to the U.S. was a great success! Bought 4 new pairs of shoes, lots of clothes, and was able to see all the doctors I needed to see! Also, a surprise surgery on my ankle to remove the metal plate and screws that were causing me pain. The surgeon scheduled the surgery in 2 days and it was not as painful as I expected. It was great to see Calla and meet some of her new friends. We had a great time shopping and eating all the things I've missed (like Mexican and BBQ)! Also got to spend a few days with Jane in Annapolis and got to see her amazing new kitchen!
| Successful year for tulips in our garden |
![]() |
| Postcards from D.C. as I had no phone or camera |
| Souvenir metal |
I did miss a concert that our new neighbor, Gabrielle, performed in Quimperle. It was a group of just clarinetists from all over Brittany and Gabby performed several solos. We also have a new store in Nevez….an old house in the center of town is now a new children's clothing store and general gift shop….have to check it out!
| Gabrille in center, front |
| New shop in Nevez |


Comments
Post a Comment