New Year with exciting times!

We have returned from our 2 week trip to Paris to house sit for Calla's friend's parents.  The apartment was amazing!  Location was super and the ability to cook meals was fantastic.  The Franprix was just across the street and so close that Tom forgot to change his slippers one day!  The Bastille Market on Thursday and Sunday was fantastic!  

It was good to see Calla and Ethan on Wednesday, the 13th.  Calla arrived with stomach flu and was very weak and unable to eat for several days.  While waiting for Ethan to wake up from a nap, Tom and I went to find shoes for me.  While exiting the train in La Republic, a women in from of me stopped suddenly with lots of people around us and I tripped over her rolling cart.  She was nice enough to stay with me the entire time....bleeding and bruised.  After a trip in the ambulance and a 4 hour wait at Hospital Saint Louis, we found out the nose WAS broken and I got 2 stitches.  Then was told to see a specialist as a follow up, which we did at the American Hospital of Paris where I was a patient with a broken femur in 2011.  So the rest of the trip was hard for me, but Tom and Ethan had good outings with lots of walking.  I finally bought 2 pairs of shoes and we had a nice time seeing lots of things we had not seen before and some we had seen.  Then after the kids returned to DC, Tom came down with the flu!

Good to be home and we have good memories of Paris!

























Comments

Popular Posts