Soldes (State Regulated sales in France)




We had heard about the twice yearly sales (soldes) in France, but did not know what to expect.  Here are some T-shirts, short and long sleeve, and a case for the i Pad with huge reductions!  And these are from the Supermarket (Casino Géant website: http://www.geantcasino.fr/Pages/Welcome.aspx) in Quimper.  


An explanation from the website PARIS.COM explains these sales:


Sales which are called in French“Soldes”  are state-regulated in France and generally run during two periods of the year:
  - once in summer around summer day and La Fête de la Musique 
 - and once in January, shortly following New Year’s day.

Sales last six weeks and prices are gradually slashed over the course of the sales period. Every shop, department stores, boutiques, designer outlets clear out items from the previous season.


Comments

  1. Hmmm... What is regulated about them? The time of year so that they are all simultaneous? Or something about the percent reductions? Here in Norway, January is sale (salg) month, for sure. I almost wish I needed something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure....I've read many things but still don't understand why it is regulated by the government....but all the stores have them, so I think they are mandated for a certain period and the prices go down as time goes by. Lots of good deals though! Mostly clothes, but lots of other things too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts