How exciting can life in France get! 
Just returned from Rennes from returning the SIXT rental car...very cheap and good choice of a car....after 5 weeks!  We took the TGV back to Quimper where we got a more expensive AVIS rental car because there is no SIXT there....to last us until Friday when we pick up our new (2007) Peugeot 207 car!  Also just got news that our 38 boxes will be picked up in Le Havre tomorrow and delivered to our door on Thursday, November 15...the same day that the new lease starts on our Arnold townhouse for the new tenant!  Things are coming along smoothly....but ohhhhh so complicated at every turn.  

Talked to a cute 14 year old girl on the train who was holding a 3 mo. old baby in the hallway near the snack bar..I was stretching my legs..she said something in French and I told her I didn't speak French..so she spoke perfect English....she said the baby was her sister...I thought it was hers.....she said her family had been to Paris to do business (probably the embassy) and she was taken out of school to go help (probably to translate).  She was very smart and mature.  She said she was Albanian and the family hoped to stay in Quimper where they live now with only a 3 mo. visa.  She said she loves France, but another dream was to visit the USA.  She loves the Breton people because they are so wonderful and nice!

 Parallel lives?????   

Comments

Popular Posts